Maintenance completed: You probably wanted to do a few laps in Gran Turismo 7 this morning and noticed that the racing game’s servers are down. The reason for the two-hour maintenance work was the preparations for the 1.07 update, which you can download now. We’ll tell you what’s in the download and also provide you with the full patch notes.
All in update 1.07 for Gran Turismo 7
While update 1.06 still brings some content like wind gauge and new music, the latest update is all about fixing annoying bugs. GT7 didn’t have such a bad launch, but it’s clear that there are still a whole series of small bugs in the game.
Perhaps the most important fix concerns licensing tests and tasks. Until now, the wrong wheels were always installed on cars. According to Polyphony Digital, that shouldn’t be the case anymore. In addition, the correct rewards for campaign events are now being paid out. You can read everything else below (via Gran Turismo).
A quick glimpse into the patch notes for update 1.07
Key Features Implemented
- . has been added [Broadcast Mode] The option for volume settings is under the Global tab in the options menu. For details, please refer to the Streaming Mode added to the Volume Settings article.
Other improvements and modifications
- Fixed an issue where an application error occurred when selecting Setup Sheet from Quick Menu> [Car Settings] > [Detailed Settings] Screen within global circles while you are in offline mode;
- Fixed an issue where copied Setup Sheets would disappear when opening and closing Vehicle Settings;
- Fixed the issue where the Ford GT Race Car ’18 would only enter first gear when a fully customizable manual transmission or a fully customizable sequential transmission was installed;
- Fixed an issue where cars would be considered within the regulations even though they did not meet the Balance of Performance (BoP) regulation.
- Fixed an issue with some assistance settings, such as Auto-Drive, that could be changed or saved even when Select Driving Options was set to Restricted.
Missions and licenses
- Fixed an issue where modified Assist settings would save on some events and not return to the default value even after leaving the event.
- Fixed an issue where the wind direction and speed display for some events were set to 0.
Licenses / Missions / Department Experiences
- Fixed an issue where the selected tires on the vehicle would not be equipped for the following events:
- [A-8] Dirt driving: beginners (dirt tires)
- [IB-5] Dirt driving: Medium (dirt tires)
- [IA-3] Dirt driving: expert (dirt tires)
- [S-5] Single cycle time attack (dirt tire)
- magic mountain
- Jeep Knight Safari (Dirt Tires)
- beyond the horizon
- Drift for beginners 1
- American Wild (Dirt Tires)
- rolling rock
- Beginner Drift 2 (Comfort: Medium tires)
- Gone with the Wind
- Divine Moves at the Spa
- Intermediate Drift 2 (Racing: Heavy Wet Tires)
- The sun rises too
- White Winged Beast (Racing: Soft Tires)
- circuit experiments
- Colorado Springs (dirt tires)
- Fisherman’s farm (dirt tires)
- Sardinia – Windmills (dirt tires)
- Rewards for events within the Global Arena have been adjusted according to driving time and difficulty. The modified events are as follows:
- World Touring Car 800
- Do Mans 24 Hours race track
- Monza circuit
- dirt heroes
- fishermen’s farm
- Sardinia windmills
- Lake Colorado Springs
- GT Gr.4 Cup
- high speed loop
- Brands Hatch GB Circuit
- GT Gr.3 Cup
- Suzuka Circuit
- Autodrome Lago Maggiore. full
- Clubman Plus Cup
- high speed loop
- Tsukuba Circuit
- good wood
- American FR Challenge 550
- Blue Moon Bay Highway
- Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca
- Willow Springs Racecourse
- Fixed an issue opening vehicle body data from [Open Design] > [Design List] Car livery editor will make all applied stickers disappear;
- Fixed an issue where Livery Editor’s open designs and styles could not be unlocked until the game was restarted if temporary data was deleted.
- Fixed an issue where an app error would occur on rare occasions when purchasing cars from Brand Central, used cars, and legendary cars, or when receiving a car as a prize.
Physics simulation model
- The model has been modified to reduce traction lost when cars with high downforce pass over the cornerstone while cornering at its limit.
- Fixed several issues that might occur if there is not enough free space for temporary data downloaded from the network:
- The assortment of used cars will not be shown;
- News will not be displayed on the title screen;
- Patterns cannot be applied;
- Several other issues were addressed.
You can see how good the GT7 is in the test video:
Gran Turismo 7 – Demo video: a racing game full of passion
More Gran Turismo 7 news:
This GT7 content is yet to come
Of course, there are still some bugs in the game with update 1.07 – so expect more patches. Regardless, there should always be new content that we will most likely get for free. This includes new cars and tracks, but also a lot more. We will keep you updated.