At the Corona Summit, the federal and state governments discussed far-reaching mitigation and “Freedom Day.” That will change from March 20th.
Update from Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 6:31 PM: Corona summit is over, Chancellor Olaf Schultz (Social Democratic Party) announced at a press conference what was already suspected. Most of the protection measures currently in place across the country will not be in place from March 20. The new draft law provides for the following rules and facilities:
- The The general obligation to wear masks indoors should be abolished will. However, in facilities where there are people at particularly risk, mouthguards should continue to be worn. These include hospitals, dialysis facilities, nursing facilities, outpatient care services as well as in doctors’ offices and rescue services.
- For the aforementioned institutions as well as schools, day care centers, schools, psychiatric hospitals, as well as youth homes, compulsory test to be possible.
- Mask requirements must also remain on local and remote public transportation.
- In the event of a local corona outbreak, areas such as attractions to be called. Hotspots are described in the model as areas where “there is a significant risk of the infection spreading dynamically”. Countries should be allowed to reintroduce strict anti-corona measures such as 2G and 3G regulations there.
- see one bill Transitional phase Until April 2nd. Until then, federal states should continue to be able to take advantage of their existing coronavirus rules.
However, there is a lot of criticism from states. Lower Saxony, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and Hamburg, among other countries, announced the postponement of the so-called “Freedom Day” to the beginning of April. Health Minister Lauterbach has kept this open to the federal states.
Corona Summit: Is “Freedom Day” approaching? That will change from March 20th
First report from Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 10.33 am: BERLIN – The current number of Corona cases is increasing, but the current protection measures will be largely canceled. At least that’s what the traffic light government’s three-phase facilitation plan envisions. This was introduced by the SPD, FDP and Greens at the end of February and includes a far-reaching mitigation from March 20th. Many talk about the so-called “Freedom Day”.
The federal and state governments, along with Chancellor Olaf Schultz (SPD), are discussing whether to really get there at the March 17 Corona Summit. In light of the growing number of new infections, some states, including Lower Saxony, Mecklenburg-West Pomerania and Hamburg, have announced that they will postpone Freedom Day to the beginning of April. Health Minister Karl Lauterbach (SPD) has kept extending the measures currently in place for all federal states until April 2.
Corona Summit discusses “Freedom Day”: These are the current measures
The measures to protect against corona must fundamentally change. What and how much to relax is the main focus of the federal state’s meeting with Chancellor Schulze on March 17. One measure has already been identified and it affects CoronaRules in the workplace. In the future, employers will have to decide for themselves what company hygiene concepts and procedures they want to use to protect against infection. This includes, for example, the provision of weekly corona tests or the possibility of moving the workplace to the home office.
The regional infection process must be taken into account when employers decide. The law has already been approved by the Federal Cabinet and is legally valid until May 25. In addition, the following corona measures are currently in place:
- at bus and train Travelers currently require a valid 3G ID. This also applies in gastronomyIn the movie theater And the Stage as well as in Sport club and at all Leisure and sports And the cultural institutions.
- Also, since March 4 nightclubs And the club Open again for those who have been vaccinated and who have recovered, so the 2G rule applies.
- In the Retail Currently, FFP2 masks must be worn and a distance of at least 1.5 meters must be maintained.
shortening recovered condition Six to three months by the Robert Koch Institute at the beginning of the year.
Corona Summit: Is Freedom Day Coming? That will change from March 20th
Chancellor Olaf Schultz will meet again on Thursday (2 pm) to consult with the prime ministers. In February, the federal and state governments agreed to analyze the current coronavirus situation and the burden on clinics again before all strict coronavirus requirements were lifted in Germany on March 20. But what exactly has to change?
There is no exact information about this in the draft resolution previously published on February 16. There is talk of abolishing “deep protection measures” and “home office regulations”. In a draft to amend the Bundestag’s Infection Protection Act, preliminary suggestions were made about how things would continue after March 19.
The project provides for the so-called “basic protection”. This also includes Masks are mandatory in nursing homes and clinics and on local public transport with buses and trains. In addition, compulsory testing should continue to be applied in nursing homes and schools. Nationally, mask requirements on long-distance trains and planes must remain in place. The 3G rule applies there, too. According to the bill, masks in supermarkets, retail stores and schools will no longer be part of basic protection from March 20.
Does it have to be regional? Corona outbreak Come on, places can change too “Attraction points” that enables responsible countries to do so To determine the most stringent aura metrics again. Mask requirements, distance requirements, hygiene concepts as well as vaccination, convalescence or test certificates. This could apply to regions, cities, regions or, in extreme cases, an entire federal state, Lauterbach said. The form in which the bill will eventually be implemented remains unclear until Thursday afternoon’s press conference (17/03/2022). (aa / dpa)