Lower Rhine Cup disappointment: Rot Weiss-Essen eliminated in Wuppertal

Rot Weiss Essen suffered a bitter bankruptcy at the end of the season. In the semi-finals of the Lower Rhine Cup, RWE lost 3-1 at Wuppertal.

red and white food The focus can now be fully focused on the final race for the title. As in the previous year, the semi-finals of the Lower Rhine Cup marked the end of coach Christian Neidhart’s team streak. in the rival league Wuppertal SV There was a defeat of 1: 3 (1: 2), which was not due due to drowsiness for the first 20 minutes. While Wuppertal is now looking forward to the final against SV Stralen – a repeat of last year’s final – (May 21), the Whites must quickly get their heads back, or else the season’s big target will also lose at SV Rödinghausen on Saturday.

Niederrheinpokal: Wuppertaler SV vs. Rot-Weiss Essen in the live reading tape

Wuppertal – RWE 3: 1

RWE coach Christian Neidhart had a surprise ready on the line-up sheet: less than Felix Bastians returning to the starting line-up after recovering from injury, but the fact that Nils Kaiser had his chance in midfield right from the start. Above all, he held his position properly.

The trophy game gained speed from the start. Wuppertal, who faced his old rival in a more defensive fashion in the league, did well. The guests had their first chance, but Simon Engelmann fired off the far post from a tight angle (5′). Then the white team was shocked by a double shot: Roman Prokov managed to pass a superb pass into the center of the defense and hit a powerful shot from 18 meters: 1-0 after 18 minutes for the hosts.

Essen had barely recovered from the shock when they hit the hosts again: Prokov was fouled 25 meters from the goal, and former Essen player Kevin Rodriguez Pires took accurate measurements, but his shot didn’t look entirely impossible – but it held out 2-0 ( 21).

It is incomprehensible why Bjorn Minnert’s team backed down a bit and brought Essen back into the game. Kaiser was fouled on the edge of the penalty area, but Thomas Esfield’s free kick hit a defender’s head against the wall. But two minutes later, the most important goal came before the break: Sandro Pelicati sent in a superb cross, and Marius Kleinsorg’s header bounced off the inside post into the net – 2:1 (36), and it looked better again.

In the second half the guests formed a circle again, should everything improve now? Goalkeeper Prokov (48) had the opportunity to head the ball at the far post, but he is no longer under pressure from behind. But RWE was more vigilant now: Kleinsorge’s throw-in, Heber extended his header – but goalkeeper Patzler pushed Engelmann’s header over the bar (53). A minute later he almost lived up to his name: Blechati fired, the WSV bouncer bounced forward, but Bastianz failed short distance at Batzler’s toe—it wasn’t easy not to change….

Here’s more news about Rot-Weiss Essen:

But Essen followed, WSV was just busy taking the ball out of the penalty area. RWE made a substitution in the 67th minute, Janjic came in for Kaiser – and two minutes later the last chance was missed. Another free kick found Prokov’s outstanding header, and he shot the ball into the net from ten metres: 3:1.

As Rot Weiss Essen doubled in the final stage

Coach Neidhart reacted with a three-way change, bringing in Oguzhan Kefkir, Cedric Harenbrock and Nico Haiduk. Efforts were made in the period that followed, and nothing else could be said about the last quarter of the hour. On the contrary: Kevin Hagman hit the crossbar (88).

More articles from this category can be found here: RWE

Leave a Comment