Train travel just got cheaper – this time for real. From June 1, Deutsche Bahn passengers can travel across the country for three months for nine euros per month. We show you a selection of the most beautiful railways in Germany.
What is a nine euro ticket?
The Fuel price hikewhich – which Carbon Dioxide But also the atmosphere. who – which Nine Euro Ticket Come in handy. It’s not a permanent thing, Deutsche Bahn offered. But the measure could still relax roads in Germany during the holiday season.
Originally, the ticket was intended to be an incentive. As part of the federal government’s “energy cost easing package”, travelers in particular should be able to leave their cars at home and use public transportation because fuel prices are currently high.
The ticket is valid for buses, trams, subways and regional trains from June 1 to the end of August. So the project period falls on the holiday season, which guarantees cheap home leave: for only 27 euros you can travel through Germany for three months.
What are the most beautiful roads in the whole country?
Of course, everyone has to decide for themselves. Choose to inspire:
1. Höllentalbahn in the Black ForestThe highest major railway line in Germany. 76 kilometers long and 600 meters wide. On this route, the train travels through 15 tunnels and five bridges with great views. Connectivity: Freiburg Donaueschingen. At the Tititsee train station, you can change to the Dreisenbahn. Recommended stops: Hirschsprung, Hinterzarten, Neustadt, Rötenbach and Löffingen.
2. Koblenz – Trier: Distance 112 km. It passes through stunning landscapes, historic tunnels, and the longest cliff bridge on a railway. The journey only takes two hours, but it is possible to stop for a glass of wine all around. The road meanders along the vineyards and Moselle.
3. Basel-Ulm: A long distance of nearly 300 km with a change of Friedrichshafen. Highlights of the route are the wild waterfalls near Schaffhausen, as well as Lake Constance and Upper Swabia. Attention: Basel is in Switzerland, but the Badischer Bahnhof on Swiss soil is still affiliated with Deutsche Bahn. You may experience additional costs from the border – there is no official statement from Deutsche Bahn on this yet.
4. Lake Constance: The road from Lindau-Reutin to Lindau Island. The ride leads through the mountains, but also offers a view to the left and right of Lake Constance when you arrive at the island.
5. Bad Reichenhall – Berchtesgaden Railway: Although the road is short at twenty kilometers in length, it offers a wonderful panorama of the Alps. Berchtesgaden is only a stone’s throw away Koenigsee Removal.
6. Freilassing – Berchtesgaden: Through the national park directly or with the Mittenwaldbahn through the Karwendel Mountains. also the track Munich – Fussen Recommended.
7. Wittenberg to Stralsund: The longest route without changing trains. At more than 300 kilometers and 4.5 hours, the train reaches the coastal town of Stralsrund, not far from the island of Rügen.
VIII. Dresden – Bad Schandau: The journey takes only 45 minutes, but it is one of the most beautiful excursions in Germany. The trails run along the River Elbe and there are merry villages on both banks. The famous Elbe Sandstone Mountains in Saxon Switzerland provide even more drama.
9. North Sea and Baltic Sea: If the starting point is Hamburg, both seas can be reached by trains approximately every hour. With Syltexpress from Altona to Westerland, passengers can travel the 15 kilometers well known Hindenburgdamm in Sylt.
10 Rendsburg High Bridge: Anyone traveling to Denmark by train should not ignore the Rendsburg Bridge. It is a historical landmark and crosses the Kiel Canal at an altitude of about 70 meters in the center of Schleswig-Holstein. In order to manage the ascent, trains make their way up through a 4.5-kilometer loop.
Read more on Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underlined Some links to supply sources are affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the proceeds from the sale. More information.
Did you like this post?
Thank you for voting!