Photo: the mall
TheMall aims to lure customers back to the mall – but digitally. The browser is sufficient to access the metaverse shopping.
Extensive malls were once part of America’s DNA, but they have had to close in droves in recent years. While e-commerce has boomed and the pandemic has drawn more customers online, large shopping malls have disappeared, particularly in rural areas. Channels like “Dan Bell” or “Ace’s Adventures” document this rejection on YouTube.
In the Metaverse, on the other hand, the . file The mega architecture of shopping centers is experiencing a digital renaissance. At least that’s what MetaVRse, which claims to have been working at giant virtual shopping arcade “TheMall” for seven years, is hoping. It is scheduled to open in the last quarter of 2022.
TheMall: As the browser enters a consumer wonderland
Merchants sell digital and physical goods here. Direct access via the browser. Many peripherals from computers to smartphones Enable access – depending on preference from an ego perspective or with an avatar in the photo. Work is also underway to support virtual reality goggles, with no further platform details at the moment.
One of the advantages of a digital mall is obvious: there is a lot more space digitally. to more than 100 million square meters (default) Find over 100 spacious floors and commercial areas (“floors”). So the project is complete Eight times the size of the world’s largest mall in Dubaisays Smithson, “Our goal is to be the premier retail and entertainment destination in the Metaverse.”
TheMall’s main tenants will be announced soon. Major brands such as Xbox, Nike, Nintendo or Harley-Davidson can be seen in the video. It’s not clear if these brands actually signed up – or were included just for demonstration purposes.
According to Smithson, hardcore gamers can feel deterred by the mall: Technically, the level of modern games has not been reached. After all, owners of old smartphones should not be afraid either.
In the meantime The second version of the mall However, there are at least some innovations such as multithreading on the smartphone of “millions of polygons”, according to the founder of the company. vector graphic style Realistic based on real shopping mall. The virtual mall sets a counterpoint to colorful cool pixel worlds like Roblox, Minecraft & Co.
A prerequisite for this is a WebGL layer developed specifically for hardware-accelerated 3D graphics in a web browser. A graphic trick that makes it possible to accommodate 21,000 polygons in just one megabyte. This facilitates zooming in and quick change of location across the mall. From the iPhone 6, your digital shopping journey should go smoothly.
NFT Procurement for Retail Space
The company wants 70 percent of the default value Retail space as a non-fungible code (NFTs) sale. The remaining 30 per cent of the area serves as a speculative object for investors. The owners can resell it for a profit if they wish.
NFT (Non-Fungible Token) is a type of digital title associated with the blockchain infrastructure. In this way, ownership can be traced publicly, even in the case of items that are easy to copy.
At TheMall, for example, developers can turn their packages into event branding hubs. Smithson names interactive games or NFT creation (SC) as potential activities. Later, concerts, comedy shows and a personal concierge service with artificial intelligence, which will answer visitors’ questions and give them advice, are also planned.
Traffic navigation algorithms must be tailored to the needs of individual users. Depending on the service provider, accompanying loyalty programs require active approval and will be accepted Complies with European data protection regulations.
TheMall wants to set the avatar standard
The team at TheMall hope to set a global standard for their avatar system. Many companies can manufacture clothing and accessories such as earrings or bracelets for it. TheMall also supports ReadyPlayerMe renders.
Payment in the virtual mall is made using the online payment service Stripe, to which the usual credit card in the United States is connected. Alternatively, the service providers also accept Bitpay, which gives access to 95 crypto wallets and 15 cryptocurrencies.
Despite the use of blockchain technology, the focus is not on the culture of “crypto bros” (a derogatory term for crypto enthusiasts). Instead, you want the company Get ordinary people excited about TheMallStarting with gamers.
Store owners have to squeeze less margin compared to app stores. MetaVRse just wants to sell 3% commission from the merchant, with Apple up to 30 percent, even Meta wants nearly 50 percent on Horizon. Purchasing “Floor” costs at least 100 ETH (in the cryptocurrency Ethereum), which is equivalent to about 300,000 USD.
Interested parties can register for early access to TheMall.io. The official opening is scheduled for summer 2022.