Borussia Dortmund suddenly separated from coach Rose
Marco Rose is no longer coach of Borussia Dortmund. He only took over the team last summer. Now the necessary conviction is no longer available. A successor has already been found.
nOnly a year later, Borussia Dortmund and coach Marco Rose parted. The BVB announced this Friday afternoon, one day after a major internal seasonal analysis. Dortmund had finished second in the tournament but had no chance of winning the title. With an eight-point lead, Bayern Munich became German champions again this year.
In cup competitions, the team failed early and sometimes failed miserably. In the Champions League, the BVB was eliminated after the preliminary round. In the subsequent qualification to the knockout stage of the European League, Dortmund failed in the Glasgow Rangers final. It ended in the DFB Cup after the round of 16 at FC St. Pauli.
“Borussia Dortmund and coach Marco Rose are ending their cooperation,” BVB said. This is the “result of an intense seasonal analysis on Thursday”. The meeting was attended by all the key decision makers of the club. The news came as a surprise, as Rose’s bosses repeatedly assured him of their support in recent weeks. “I can clearly say that I’m planning for next season with Marko,” said Sebastian Kell, the former Dortmund player and sporting director this summer.
Now the switch. Club president Hans-Joachim Watzke says: “Today is not an easy day for all of us, because the mutual respect between each other was and will continue to be wonderful. After a season that was unsatisfactory for various reasons, we had to realize that we were in many areas, we did not get the most out of Our chances are in some areas.”
Everything now points to Terzic
BVB also quotes Rose: “Although the season was difficult with so many unattainable things, I was convinced of our way. During our conversation, I had the impression that the 100% conviction of all those responsible for it no longer existed. In the end, we decided Together we end the cooperation.”
Rose assistant coach Alexander Zickler and Rene Maric and sports coach Patrick Ebenberger will leave Dortmund. BVB wants to hold talks on the composition of the future coaching team in the coming days.
Edin Terzic, who already coached the team for six months after the sacking of Lucien Favre and won the DFB Cup with her last year, should be the favorite. However, Dortmund have allocated Rose from rival Borussia Mönchengladbach. Terzic, who was previously assistant coach under Favre, remained at the club and was appointed technical director. According to Sky and “Rohr Nachrichten”, Terzec’s decision has already been taken at the club and is due to be announced on Saturday.
Borussia Dortmund coaches since 1991
- Ottmar Hitzfeld July 1, 1991 to June 30, 1997
- Nevio Scala from July 1, 1997 to June 30, 1998
- Michael Skippy July 1, 1998 to February 4, 2000
- Bernd Krause from February 5, 2000 to April 12, 2000
- Udo Latik from April 16, 2000 to June 30, 2000
- Matthias Sammer July 1, 2000 to June 30, 2004
- Bert van Marwijk from July 1, 2004 to December 18, 2006
- Jürgen Roeper from December 19, 2006 to March 12, 2007
- Thomas Doll March 13, 2007 to May 19, 2008
- Jurgen Klopp from 1 July 2008 to 30 June 2015
- Thomas Tuchel from July 1, 2015 to May 30, 2017
- Peter Bosz from 6 June 2017 to 10 December 2017
- Peter Stöger from December 10, 2017 to June 30, 2018
- Lucien Favre From July 1, 2018 to December 13, 2020
- Eden Terzic from December 14, 2020 to June 30, 2021
- Marco Rose July 1, 2021 to May 20, 2022