The new Destiny 2 season 17 begins on May 24 and makes the community think hard. Bungie hasn’t released any information about the story yet, leaving players clueless. Still, there are a few things you already know without a trailer. MeinMMO sums up everything you need to know about Season 17.
Curiosity about Season 17 is growing, and Bungie is already making it even more exciting. The developer has yet to release a trailer for Season 17 and will likely only release it on May 24, shortly before or during the hiatus.
Season 17 begins with the end of the hiatus on May 24 at 7 p.m., if all goes smoothly.
Why did the trailer get lost like that? Some players like that Bungie want to keep the excitement of New Season 17 alive for as long as possible. However, there are also players who purchase each season in Destiny 2 individually. They won’t make a decision until they see Bungie’s official trailer and season information.
But is this really just a new tactic from Bungie to spark curiosity, or does the trailer that was too early spoil too much?
subordinate Destiny 2 Player LegionlessTV He’s made a list of all the Guardians that will tell you 10 things about Season 17 that you don’t need a trailer for.
1. start another subcategory 3.0
The first season presented 16 in Witch Queen Void 3.0. And into Year 5, Bungie will continue to focus on the old light sub-categories, their innovations, and new possibilities.
This means that Guardians can look forward to Arkus or Solar 3.0 in Season 17. The community is anxiously debating which one will be in the end. But so far one can only speculate.
- This is talking about Solar 3.0: If Bungie continues the story of Warmind “Rasputin” in Season 17, this may be closely related to Solar. In the thirteenth season, the guards have already scattered the realm of fate with so-called “war spirit cells” in order to blow up entire rooms. If Warmind is revived, a rework of Solar 3.0 might be a good addition to that as well.
- This is talking about Arkus 3.0: In Season 16, the Sentinels used “Synaptic Spear” in Psi-Ops, where Bungie is suspected of giving a small preview of Arkus 3.0. Kevin Yannis, Team Leader for Bungie’s Sandbox Discipline, Anyway, he tweeted: “Speed is part of the bow group, so we have two flashes on the grating spear […]super gliding and crazy jumps/movement speed”.
2. A new dungeon with a lot of loot
Dungeons have always been a little fun in Destiny 2. They’re challenging, often have a good storyline, and can be discovered solo or in teams of up to 3 players. Players have been wanting more of this content for a long time because the four ancient dungeons each took a year to start playing.
So Bungie revised the concept of shows for dungeons. The dungeon sale was removed as a mass offer in October 2021 and the developer is now releasing a new dungeon every 6 months.
- New dungeons in season 17 will provide more loot than ever before.
- The dungeon will have an alien weapon and a catalyst ready.
- There are also 4 new legendary weapons and 2 remastered weapons waiting for you.
- An alien accessory and 2 legendary badges can also be obtained.
- Players will be able to explore the dungeon for the first time on Friday, May 27 at 11:00 AM.
- The normal difficulty level is 1550. However, the Grand Master is also active on the first day.
Destiny 2: A Glimpse of All Playable Dungeons 2022 – This is how you master it
Who can play The New Dungeon? Players who purchase The Witch Queen Digital Deluxe Edition including the Year 5 Season Pass can continue to play 2 new Year 5 dungeons inclusive. Anyone else can either upgrade to this bundle or buy Dungeons for Silver, Bungie’s real money currency.
3. The weapon industry system will be simplified
Bungie is still working on guns so there will be a change in Season 17. Material coverings for gun crafting items were very restrictive. In March, the developer announced that starting with Season 17, all Legendary items will be removed from the game.
- ruin element
- strong element
- inverted element
- variable element
- sunken element
As of season 17, the gunsmithing industry focuses only on the neutral element and the rising exotic alloy. We don’t know if you’ll get a replacement for the items you’ve collected just yet or if they’ll just disappear.
Now you can carve your own weapons in Destiny 2, crafting weapons is easier than you think
Gold frame for a masterpiece: Some players missed the fact that their self-made weapons did not have a gold frame. In Season 17, Bungie changed that, and since then has also allowed the Gold Masterpiece to be placed in your crafted weapons. In this way, crafted weapons also get the wonderful golden frame when you turn them into masterpieces.
4. Season Pass Weapons and Playlist Weapons from Season 17
As always, Season 17 will have a seasonal weapon as an exotic. Officially still unknown, a leak has already talked about an “unauthorized” D1 pistol as an exo weapon in the season pass. We won’t know exactly if that will happen until tomorrow, at the start of Season 17.
The Destiny 2 leak reveals the Exo weapon that is used to dismantle everything in PvP
However, with the Legendary Weapons from the Playlist and the Ritual Weapon, you already know exactly what to expect in Season 17.
This is the Ritual Weapon of Season 17: Season 17 will also bring a new ritual weapon for playlists. Instead of a gun, guardians can loot a “chain of command” machine gun. Again, one decoration will be available for each playlist – it changes, except for the weapon, so nothing.
For playlists, there will also be some changes to legendary weapon drops:
- For the crucible comes the Riptide Fusion بندقية
- Maneuvering gets a heavyweight gun
- The vanguard emits an arc called the squeak of whistles.
- Dawns will recycle the Des Horrors MINIMUM Pulse Rifle and TVO hand gun.
5. New spoils for the trials of Osiris
Season 17 also features new loot for the Saint-14 PvP loot complex. New weapons, a new armor set, and new cosmetics from Bungie are revealed here.
- Shayura and the Messenger’s wrath will leave the loot collection in Season 17.
- The alternative is the tolerance pistol and the guilt burden fusion pistol.
- In addition, players can hunt Falcon’s Chase Sparrow and Ghost Shell.
- Trials are set to begin June 10 with the new loot.
On the next page you will find out what will happen to your lockers in season 17 and which weapons will get a big boost in season 17.