HSV chief attacked Wüstefeld again – with Boldt and Walter

The night after the match was short. So short. HSV board member Thomas Westfield slept less than three hours after the 2-0 defeat to Hertha BSC, which for Hamburg meant staying in the unpopular second division. The next day, the frustration was still there – but the focus was already on the future again.

To clear his head, Wüstefeld went for a run along the Elbe River the next morning. Let your thoughts roam. The board of directors was still busy at Volkspark the night before 2:30, talking and relaxing. They would have been very happy to take advantage of this unexpected opportunity to make the leap into the House of Lords.

HSV chief Wüstefeld pleads: Continue with Walter and Boldt!

After finishing a furious league run with five straight wins, HSV catapulted themselves to relegation, but after a 1-0 win in Berlin, all dreams were shattered by a 0-2 draw on Monday night at Volkspark. “Of course it is bitter. We have to tackle that first, but at the same time switch.” Hamburg will also compete in the second division for the fifth season in a row.


What happened at Volkspark this week? How about HSV before the next round? Every Friday, Rautenpost provides you with analysis, updates and transfer rumors. Just in time for the weekend, you’ll receive a concise summary of all the week’s latest news about HSV from us – straight to your inbox. Click here and sign up for free.


So far, very frustrating. But preparations for next season have been going on for a long time. In the US, that’s for sure for Wüstefeld, a new attack on the Bundesliga must be launched. “We, you can’t argue with that, are one of the candidates,” said the 53-year-old. He explained: “With Schalke and Bremen, two players went up from the first division and with the relegation of Fürth and Bielefeld, predictable teams were added.” The bottom line is: “We have to send very fast, very clear signals where we want to go.” in the Senate.

HSV wants to maintain outstanding performance like Glatzel

In contrast, top performers such as striker Robert Glatzel (28/22 goals this season) should be retained, and the team should be further strengthened in attack. While you see yourself in a good position on the defensive, the Hamburgers have a great need to work, especially on the offensive flanks. The Sports Command constellation, which will direct reinforcements to Hamburg and handle the eventual ascent, is yet to be definitively clarified. The oversight board wants to meet this week and make a decision. Wüstefeld, who is not part of the board, has a recommendation for colleagues: “If you ask me about it, I would say that we should start the new season again in this group and develop further. With a view to getting up.”

You may also be interested in: Felix Magath suffers from the herpes simplex virus

Appeal to coach Tim Walter (46) and athletic director Jonas Boldt (40). The latter had already said after the bankruptcy against Herta: “I have a drawer full of ideas.” But at the same time he admitted: “Everything about the future is not in my hands in the end. A big analysis has been announced. “

The future of HSV: The Supervisory Board decides on Marcell Jansen

The Supervisory Board will meet on their behalf, advise them and decide where the HSV route will go after the short summer break, under the leadership of former pro Marcel Jansen (36). It already seems clear: at least with Walter, things should definitely continue into next season. The fans celebrated the coach loudly after the failure to land. The appendix, as it has recently become apparent, stands behind Walter and Boldt. Like a desert field.

Although this is also in favor of the path taken, changes and improvements are absolutely necessary. “You have to look at the whole season and not just the last matches, and then you have to look: where can we adjust so that we give a signal from day one: we want to achieve our goal and get into the first division.” HSV is planning the number five promotion mission.

Leave a Comment